The layered navigation (since Prestashop 1.4 but, really usable in 1.4.5), allows users to define in a simple way some criterias to filter category products (as you can find on CalumetPhoto or other shops).To use it, it is very easy : just define “templates” (group of criterias, like features (capacity, etc), brands, stock level).Once it have been done, you will be able to to link these templates to categories, for example the “DSLR cameras” for the cameras categories.
Each template can be used on as many categories as you want.
To use layered navigation, just follow these steps:
- In back-office, go to Modules / Layered navigation block
- Go to Build your own filters template and check Specific categories (0 selected):
- In the block which appears, please select the categories on which you want to apply this template and click on Save this selection:
- In the criteria list, you will be able to select some of them, by checking it:
- Let’s give a name to this selection and click on Save this filter template
With the example data above, the resulting block on the front-office will be, only for “Accessories” category, something like that:
Beware : the available criteria depend on the category you choose.
In our example, the products have not “features” (in a Prestashop way). But if I select the “iPods” category (iPods have “features”), the choices I can made will be different: