The layered navigation (since Prestashop 1.4 but, really usable in 1.4.5), allows users to define in a simple way some criterias to filter category products (as you can find on CalumetPhoto or other shops).To use it, it is very easy : just define « templates » (group of criterias, like features (capacity, etc), brands, stock level).Once it have been done, you will be able to to link these templates to categories, for example the « DSLR cameras » for the cameras categories.
Each template can be used on as many categories as you want.
To use layered navigation, just follow these steps:
- In back-office, go to Modules / Layered navigation block
- Go to Build your own filters template and check Specific categories (0 selected):
- In the block which appears, please select the categories on which you want to apply this template and click on Save this selection:
- In the criteria list, you will be able to select some of them, by checking it:
- Let’s give a name to this selection and click on Save this filter template
Beware : the available criteria depend on the category you choose.